+100 Stretching exercises that will improve your high-kicks & kata stances
Practical & Useful Scientific-Evidence
Simple & Unpretentious Language
Easy-to-Read & Dynamic Design
Digital Copy & Dynamic Stretching Vídeos
IS IT POSSIBLE TO…
Increase your Karatekas’ Flexibility, at any age?
Solve the problem of those students that can make a full-split but can’t perform an easy Jodan Geri?
Measure Stretching Intensity so your athletes can have greater results?
Indeed, and much more. This is not just another Stretching book.
“Flexible Karate” is the result of an obsessive quest to know everything Science already knows about Flexibility training. It contains the collective knowledge of +130 Scientific Sources, from original research, systematic reviews, and meta-analysis.
From the best Scientific Sources of all the relevant Scientific Reviews, Labs, and Universities, Karate Science Academy, we targeted one major question:
In Flexibility, what is the Scientific Evidence that allows Karate students to have the biggest results?
Hundreds of studying hours later, this Book contains the answers to every doubt you may have about Stretching.
From the Collective Scientific Knowledge to the Dojo, it’s all here, and it all works.
YOU WILL LEARN (IN LESS THAN 30 MINUTES PER THEME)
- How to differentiate the several Types of Flexibility…
- How to know if you should focus on Passive Flexibility or Active Flexibility…
- How to use the 5 Stretching Methods included in the Book…
- How to integrate each Method in your Karate sessions…
- How to use “No-Rest Intervals Stretching” with your stiffer Karatekas…
- How to save time on the Stretching part of the class, with the same positive results…
- How does Stretching influences Muscle Performance: Explosiveness, Muscle Power, and Maximal Strength…
- How relevant is Stretching Intensity to have significant Flexibility gains…
- How to use Stretching with Karate Kids…
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. There are many more topics covered, all with proven Scientific Evidence, including +130 sources.
You don’t need personal opinions or to be a copycat. You need to understand how Flexibility’s mechanisms work so you can use whatever exercise you find in our book or any other place properly.
That’s exactly what “Flexible Karate” delivers.
- What this Book is and what is not?
IMPORTANCE OF STRETCHING FOR KARATE
- How can a higher Range-of-Motion be useful to your Karatekas
- Difference between Flexibility and Stretching
TYPES OF FLEXIBILITY
- Active vs Passive Flexibility: What’s the importance of each one?
- How to measure the “Active Flexibility Deficit”?
TYPES OF STRETCHING
- 5 Methods that can solve every challenge you face in the Dojo
- Pros & Cons of each Stretching strategy
- Simple and Practical Guidelines for each Method
- Time-Saving Strategies
- Adapting Stretching plans to Karate athletes
INJURY PREVENTION WITH FLEXIBILITY TRAINING
- Is Stretching an effective way of preventing Injuries during a given Karate session?
- The truth about the danger of Ballistic Stretching
HAMSTRINGS: A KEY MUSCLE
- You should really be aware of this muscle, in your Stretching program
INTENSITY OF FLEXIBILITY TRAINING
- The % of Stretching Intensity that gives your Karatekas the greatest results
- Stretching with or without pain
- A practical tool to measure Intensity, in every Karate session
CHILDREN – FLEXIBILITY TRAINING
- Flexibility should be one of your top priorities in Children’s training
- The best strategies to develop your Karate Kids’ Range-of-Motion
THE “1 MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION” – WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS OF STRETCHING IN EXPLOSIVE AND STRENGTH PERFORMANCE?
- Does Stretching really impair Muscle Performance?
- Is there any difference between Dynamic and Static Stretching?
- From which time can Be Stretching potentially harmful to Muscle Performance?
WARM UP – FLEXIBILITY TRAINING
- The influence of Warm-Up in Stretching effectiveness
EFFECTS OF AGE AND GENDER IN FLEXIBILITY TRAINING
- Do Men and Women demonstrate the same potential in Flexibility gains?
- The loss of Flexibility is inevitable along the Aging process?
THE INFLUENCE OF NON-MUSCULAR STRUCTURES
- Why you should be careful about these body structures when start to apply for a Stretching program with your Karatekas
- Standing, Seated, Lying: Is there a relevant difference between them?
SCIENTIFIC FOUNDATIONS OF STRETCHING
- Why your Karatekas improve their Range-of-Motion: The mechanisms
- Mechanical Theory vs Sensory Theory
- Do muscles grow with Flexibility training?
- The role of Pain sensitivity to Flexibility gains
DIRECT TO THE DOJO…
- Who, How, When, Intensity, Volume/Frequency of the 5 Stretching Methods
EXERCISES – PHOTOS
- Dozens of Exercises that you can use in your Karate sessions
- Now, you’re ready to adapt each of them to the goals of your students and the challenges you face
Digital Copy & Dynamic Stretching Vídeos
© 2018 Science Bridges